This guideline is prepare to assist user who tends to create email with IMAP protocol under Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- Open up Microsoft Outlook 2013 with select "File" tab.
- User may now lead to "Account Information" page.
- Proceed to click on "Account Settings" and select the first selection as of screen shot below.
- User may now prompt a new windows. Proceed to click on "New" button.
- Select "Manual setup or additional server types" for next step.
- Continue with select "POP or IMAP" protocol.
- User may now lead to "POP and IMAP Account Settings" page. Proceed to complete require information as stated.
Your Name : (Name wish to display under recipient mailbox)
Email Address : (User email address "eg : firstname.lastname@example.org")
Account Type : (Select "IMAP")
Incoming Mail Server : (eg : mail.domain.name)
Outgoing Mail server : (eg : mail.domain.name)
Username : (User email address "eg : email@example.com")
Password : (Email Login Password)
- Once complete the require column, proceed to click on "More Settings..." button which available at bottom.
- It shall now prompt another windows, proceed to select "Outgoing Server" tab and tick on "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication". Continue with select radio button "Use same settings as my incoming mail server".
- Next, select "Advanced" tab. Ensure the
Incoming server (IMAP) port configure to "143" and
Outgoing server (SMTP) port configure to "587" or "25"
Remarks : User who used TM (Telekom Malaysia) - ISP service provider shall configure SMTP port to "587"
Once complete above configuration, proceed to click on "ok" button.
- User may now return to previous configuration screen. Proceed to click on "Next" and it will automatically to run a quick check to ensure all configuration in the right conditions.
- Once the verification done, proceed to click on "Close" button. User have now completed the entire configuration process.