1. Telnet to port 25 of your target SMTP server. * Click HERE for the Telnet steps.
2. The server should respond with a generic welcome message.
3. You will type HELO domain.name.
4. Use any domain name you wish as most servers do not check the name against the IP you are telneting from.
5. Type MAIL FROM: . This is where the message will appear to be from.
6. Next, type RCPT TO: . This specifies who will receive the message.
7. Type DATA and type the body of your message. To send the message, enter a line with only a period.
8. Type QUIT to disconnect.