Below guideline show how to discard spam mail inside your cPanel
- Open your email client or webmail to get the full email header
- Once get the email may check for the "Return-Path" sources may refer below guideline for view email client header.
Example below: The exact email is come from firstname.lastname@example.org therefore may need to discard the email.
- Once get the email header (Roundcube Horde and Squirrelmail) may check for the "Return-Path" sources.
- After that, access to your cPanel by accessing the URL as http://cpanel.domainname/ orhttp://domainname:2082/ and click on the Account Level Filtering or User Level Filtering icon on the main screen of your cPanel interface.
- In the Rules “From” and “contains” or any set rules you wish for to discard the spam mail.
- In this step may insert the spam mail “Return-Path” as per above example the spam email header email@example.com and click "Create".
For your information: **Account level filtering is the same as user level filtering, with the only difference that the filters created here are applied globally for the whole cPanel account.**